If you need to lock your Aadhaar biometrics for any reason simply follow this step for lock all unlock your Aadhaar biometric with your browser or your smartphone.
Step-1 Visit UIDAI’s online portal to lock or unlock your biometrics
Step-2 Select the “Lock/Unlock Biometrics” from the Aadhaar Services section
Step-3 Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number and the security code
Step-4 Click on the Send OTP option
Step-5 An OTP will be sent to your mobile number registered with Aadhaar
Step-6 Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number and click on the Login button
Step-7 This feature will allow you to lock your biometrics
Step-8 Enter the 4 digit security code mentioned on the screen and click on the “Enable” button
Step-9 Your biometrics will be locked and you will have to unlock it in case you want to access it again
Step-10 You can unlock the biometrics. To unlock your biometrics click on the login.
Step-11 Enter your Aadhaar number and the security code in the space provided
Step-12 Now click on the “Send OTP” button
Step-13 An OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered with Aadhaar
Step-14 Enter this OTP in the space provided and click on the “Login” button
Step-15 In case you want to temporarily unlock the biometrics, enter the security code and click on the “Unlock” button
Step-16 Your biometrics will be unlocked temporarily for 10 minutes
Step-17 The locking date and time is mentioned on the screen after which biometrics will be automatically locked
Step-18 When you do not want to have a lock on your biometrics, you can disable the lock permanently.
Step-19 Biometric lock disabling is available only through the online portal.
Step-20 To disable the lock, login to the UIDAI portal using your Aadhaar card
Step-21 Enter your Aadhaar number and the security code
Step-22 Enter the security code and click on the “Disable” button
Step-23 Your Aadhaar biometrics will be disabled permanently till you lock it again
Features of Aadhaar Biometric Locking:
1. Banks, telecom specialist organizations and other such offices request that clients check their character utilizing Aadhaar validation.
2. To anticipate the abuse of biometric confirmation, UIDAI has caused arrangements through which clients can bolt their biometrics from being utilized for validation.
3. This implies until and except if the biometrics is opened or debilitated, confirmation won’t be conceivable through the biometric strategy.
4. Under this administration, the client’s fingerprints and iris output is bolted.
5. The biometric lock can be opened incidentally for verification.
Whenever opened, the client gets a window of 10 minutes during which he can validate his biometric subtleties.